• March 25Spring Break: March 25-29

• March 21Parent Teacher Conferences

• March 14Report Cards: 3rd Nine Weeks

Most Charming Male Celebrity 2019

Heather Sandefur, Managing Co-Editor

Heather Sandefur

Smyrna, Tenn.

February has rolled around once again and with it the RedHawk Review brings this year’s four candidates for the “Most Charming Male Celebrity.”  The criteria is the same as last year. For that information, please see last year’s article (still accessible on our website).  With these guidelines (and a vote from both the Review’s staff and Stewarts Creek High School’s Yearbook staff), the following are the new candidates for the most charming man: Robert Downey Jr., Tom Holland, Ryan Renolds and Michael B. Jordan. 

Perhaps Downey is a little older, but it has given him the time to mature and build an envious portfolio of franchises and awards.  He may not have had the best start to his career: a high school dropout struggling with drug abuse.  Yet in 2003, after his experience in rehab, he has since rebuilt the career he had by tenfold.  Some of his most famous roles are Charlie Chaplin in Chaplin, Sherlock Holmes in the 2009 and 2011 movies and, of course, the “genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist” Tony Stark in Marvel’s Iron Man and Avengers franchises. 

Our second candidate, Holland, may be a little young to be “Sexiest Man Alive”, but he has worked hard in his 22 years to become an accomplished and versatile actor and dancer.  His most recent surge of fame has come with his role as Peter Parker in Marvel’s Avengers and new Spiderman franchises.  However, most of his awards are from previous successes.  With his education in theater and dancing from various outstanding schools, he debuted in Billy Elliot as Michael and continued on to star as Lucas in the 2012 film The Impossible.  He has worked for his notoriety in his field of work and with his effortless carefree nature, he has become the celebrity crush of teenage girls everywhere. 

The Review’s next candidate is an actor, comedian, producer and screenwriter.  Reynolds began his career as an actor on a teen soap opera called Hillside.  Since then, he has played in various action films such as Blade: TrinityGreen Lantern and, of course, Marvel’s Deadpool movies. In 2010, People magazine named him “Sexiest Man Alive”.  He has won 12 of the 41 awards for which he has been nominated.  The 42-year-old T.V. personality-turned-actor has still got it. 

The final candidate for “Most Charming Male Celebrity” is Michael B. Jordan.  Jordan’s middle name is Bakari, Swahili for “noble promise”.  He’s been in three T.V. shows since 2002 and his first major film role was Oscar Grant in Fruitvale Station (2013).  The film cumulated 8 awards including Jordan’s 2013 Gotham Award for Breakthrough Actor.  He also starred in the 2015 movies Fantastic Four and Cree.  However, his performance as Erik Killmonger in Black Panther (2018) has put him in the eyes of audiences everywhere. 

Who do you think is the “Most Charming Male Celebrity”?  Please vote in our poll.