• May 26Red Hawk Review will return in the Fall of 2017. Enjoy your summer!

• May 17May 18 - 23. Final exams. Turn in your signed permission slips to your first period teacher by May 18.

• May 17May 26 - 2-hr. day to pick up report card. Students can bring a self-addressed, stamped envelop to first period teachers, and report cards will be mailed.

New Year, New Me

Katie Beech, Features Co-Editor

Every year people create their list of New Year’s resolutions and claim they will follow through with them. While some people actually hold to their resolutions, a lot of people do not. Some people do not even know what resolutions to choose. Here are some ideas to start your new year off right.

You could save more money. Saving money for yourself is a smart idea to help your future. You could even start by putting away $10.00 a month which will quickly add up. You may also set a goal of reading one book a month. This resolution is for those that want to become more knowledgeable, or just need another hobby. If you’re not into reading, you could try watching more documentaries. They are interesting, plus teach you things you might have not known.

For the people who are trying to be healthy, try cutting out soda completely and lowering or quitting your sugar intake. Since diet is a big part of being healthy, this will help you become one step closer to your goal. Also, for the food people, you may want to start your own recipe box or journal. You could have a healthy one or one with just desserts. It will be fun coming up with your own good recipes!

Another resolution that could be a big or a small task, depending on the person, is to clean out your email inbox. Doing this will help you feel more organized and accomplished. You may want to start flossing every day. It sounds like such a tiny thing, but it can, surprisingly, make a big difference to your overall health. Plus if you are lazy, this will really be a challenge.

For the people that want to be vegan, but don’t want to commit for a whole year, try meatless Mondays or vegan Mondays. Every Monday you completely cut out all meat or animal bi-products, like honey or butter. You may find out that you enjoy it and find a whole new lifestyle. Also while you are eating any kind of food, you could try to slow down and savor each bite. Not only will it feel you up quicker, but the food might also taste better.

If you are looking to be a nicer person, try giving more compliments or have a goal to practice at least one random act of kindness a day. Doing this will not only help you feel better, but help others feel better about themselves. Last but not least, take a full day off of social media once a month, or even a whole week per month. This will give you time to organize things, clean your room, read a book, or start a new hobby. Having a New Year’s resolution can start you off to a good year and better lifestyle.

Charlie. “The Ultimate List of 2017 New Years Resolution Ideas.” Easy CollegeCoupons. 10 Jan.2017.

Web. 11 Jan. 2017